Salem Township is planned and zoned. Permits are required on all new structures. If you plan to build a home, place a mobile home, sell a parcel of land or split up the land you now own, (because of the new State land division act, you must have the land split approved first) please check our regulations so you know what to do first. Contact Professional Code Inspectors at 1-800-628-3335.


Septic tank permits may be obtained from the Allegan County Health Department at 2233 33rd St., Allegan, MI. 49010.
Phone: 1-269-673-5411.

Building, Plumbing, Electrical and Mechanical

Building, Plumbing, Electrical and Mechanical permits may be obtained by contacting Professional Code Inspectors.
Phone: 1-800-628-3335 or 1-616-877-2000.

Click here for permit forms